Monday, October 17, 2011

The Mystery Can

The Mystery Can is a game.


Some say that it is a game you shouldn't play. Some say it is a dangerous game. Some even say that it isn't really a game at all. Most don't even know that it exists. Until about a week ago, I was one of those people.


Jake introduced me to this wonderful game. Jake is my old roommate from college. If you do not know Jake, you can see some of our adventures here, here, or here.


This is how our conversation went:


Jake: Would you want to do something like this?

Me: Seven cans of random food? Done.



We basically followed the rules and game explanation that we found from this website. Thank you, The Plug, for this wonderful gift to the world.


Brief Game Description:

"Find yourself a friend. Buy him a week's worth of canned food to eat, and have him do the same for you. Just before you swap cans, rip off the labels."


The rules posted there are as follows:

1. Only one Mystery Can per day may be consumed for a period of seven days.

2. A Mystery Can may be eaten during any meal.

3. The eater must prepare/decide upon a main course prior to opening the Mystery Can.

4. The eater must consume at least 50% of the Can's contents.

5. The purchaser of a can must notify the eater of any specific cooking instructions (i.e. add a can of water if condensed soup).

6. Shaking the cans prior to opening is allowed.

7. Foods unknown to the eater will be revealed after the seven-day period. Without further ado... Mystery Can.

Our amendments:
I. No banana ingredients for Jake. It could kill him.
II. Ten cans instead of seven.


As I am writing this, Jake and I have exchanged our cans.


I have blessed Jake with these cans:



I have showed him some mercy. I hope that he has showed me more.



--John D.


2 comments:

Song-Bringer said...

Keep us updated on the contents of the cans and the main courses. Sounds fun.

John D. said...

If all goes as planned, I'll make daily posts.