I decided to pick the silent can that scared me.
Why? Well, I was already pessimistic about the can today, so I thought I would make tomorrow, and the next day, better. I might as well get the terrible can out of the way, right?
Dinner: Macaroni and Cheese.
I braced myself for this intimidating can. It really wasn't that intimidating. So I took a picture of it from a lower angle, just to make it look bigger.

I ran the can opener around the top of the can. Before removing the lid, I decided to smell it. I knew exactly what the can contained.

Sauerkraut.
I've had sauerkraut before. I wasn't worried. Well… I wasn't worried until I took it out of the can.

This sauerkraut was insane. It kept the form of the can. Even after I threw it into a pot and poked it a couple of times with my finger.

See?
I had to stab it repeatedly with a spoon. I guess spoons are sauerkraut's only weakness.
This was bad for everyone in the house. People started complaining almost as soon as I put the small pot of sauerkraut on the stove.

We had to open our kitchen door to get the smell out of our house.
Eventually the meal was finished. I put the sauerkraut and the Mac and Cheese in separate bowls to prevent cross-contamination.

Mom. If you are reading this, I want to thank you. Thank you for making sauerkraut for the family at different times when I was growing up. Thank you for making me eat this food. Thank you for building a sauerkraut-tolerance in me.
Needless to say, this wasn't as good as Mom's sauerkraut.
I was keeping my food separated, but the sauerkraut was getting the best of me. "This couldn't be any worse, could it?" I thought to myself. I was trying to justify my rationale for doing this:

I mixed the food.
I know what you're thinking. "Oh boy, does that ever sound delicious. Cheesy sauerkraut. That must be a match made in heaven." You probably are not thinking that. But, let me tell you.
This.
Was.
Amazing.
So amazing, in fact, that I decided to mix the two bowls into one.

I can't really explain it. I am no culinary expert, but I believe that the cheese flavor covered up the sauerkraut flavor. They complimented each other.
It was simply wonderful. I did not have any left-overs.

I feel happy.
--John D.


2 comments:
Hmmm...
Ever cook brown sugar in your sauerkraut?
I must admit that of all the cans so far, I think that one would have gotten the better of me. You have a stomach of iron John DeMuth.
Post a Comment